Thursday, August 12, 2010

Travel Collections


I love to travel and I love to bring back something that will remind me of my trip. When I was younger I collected keychains. I had a specific size and shape I wanted and after several trips of not finding that size and shape I stopped.

Flash forward to 2004 when I first bought a magnet. My aunt had asked me to get her one from my trip and when I found hers I grabbed myself one too. After that I think I just liked the reminder being right there on the fridge. From there its turned into something fun and a little obsession. Just like the keychains it can be hard finding the size and shape that I like and luckily I haven't run into any real issues with it.

Now that I'm married, my husband and I collect postcards when we travel together. Why postcards? Because postcard are very easy to find, inexpensive and you can always find multiple scenes so you're not stuck with whatever is available. I like for my postcard or magnet picture to represent the trip I had, or the places I went on my trip.

So my question to you, do you collect something from your travels?
If not. Here are some ideas of things you see at ALL gift shops:
Keychains, postcards, shot glasses, magnets and pens.

Happy Travels
OakLay

No comments:

Post a Comment