Friday, August 20, 2010

Overpacking


I mean this not only in the sense of having too much “stuff” in one bag, but also bringing way too many bags in general.
I was watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey (I know I know) and on a trip to Italy one of the housewives just had bag after bag after bag. I’m talking the largest suitcases you can find totally filled with ‘stuff’.

For me this is wrong on so many levels. The money it costs to check bags these days, the extra money for a larger rental car. The time it takes to collect and keep track of all those bags….its enough to drive you mad.
The cost of checking bags aside, I don’t like waiting in line to check my bag, then waiting at baggage claim to pick up bag and getting them onto the shuttle bus, and into the rental car and up to the room. UGH!

So I say all that to ask, are you an over-packer? Do you bring way more bags with cloths and shoes then you could ever wear on one trip? Were you an over-packer before checked bagged fees were administered? And lastly with the talks of CARRY-ON bag fees, will you stop being an over-packer?

No comments:

Post a Comment